Also Liechtenstein noted cases of infections with the Corona virus. In order to slow down the infection rate as much as possible, the government has adopted various measures that also affect companies in Liechtenstein.
- All restaurants and bars are closed until further notice.
- No more public services in churches until further notice.
- All entertainment and leisure businesses (museums, training courses, casinos, youth centers, sports facilities, fitness centers, indoor pools etc.) are closed.
- All events, public or private are prohibited.
- From Thursday, March 19th on, all stores (hairdressers, cosmetic studios etc.) are closed. All grocery stores, doctors offices etc. remain open.
- All public and private educational institutions as well as non-domestic childcare facilities and play groups are closed at least until the Easter holidays.
- The government is currently working on a support package for the economy amounting to CHF 100 million. More information will follow.
The Office of Economic Affairs has set up a hotline especially for companies, which answers questions about business closings, short-time work, etc. On March 17, 2020, the government also decided to adjust the requirements for short-time work. These adjustments are limited until June 30, 2020. This new regulation creates the conditions for receiving short-time work compensation in connection with the corona virus pandemic and its effects for business. According to the current legal situation, it was not possible to authorize short-time work in the event of a pandemic and its effects.
The new regulation provides a significant reduction in the registration period from seven to just one working day, as well as simplification of procedures.
A leaflet with the most important information as well as forms for pre-registration and billing can be downloaded from the website of the Office of Economic Affairs (German only). If you have any further questions, please contact the Office of Economic Affairs at their hotline +423 236 69 43 or via email at .
- Keep your distance. Around 2 meters are recommended.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Sneeze / cough in a tissue or the elbow. Dispose used tissues in a closed trash can.
- Stay at home and do not meet anybody when with fever and cough.
- Do only go to doctor's offices or emergency stations after prior registration by phone.
Symptoms of an acute respiratory illness (e.g. cough or shortness of breath) and / or fever of at least 38 ° C.
What to do in the event of a suspected case?
Stay at home. Don't go out in public anymore. If you feel that due to the severity of the symptoms, a visit to the doctor is necessary, please call the State Hospital: +423 235 45 32.
Do not go to a doctor's office unless instructed to do so.
Detailed information can be found on the government's official communication channel (German only).