FAQ Business Hub
Clear answers to the most frequently asked questions about reasons, working and living in Liechtenstein.
Service for entrepreneurs
How do I form a company in Liechtenstein?⟶
In Liechtenstein, it is generally possible for all persons, regardless of their nationality, to establish a company. The process is extremely simple and can be summarised concretely in 6 steps:
1. select the appropriate legal form.
2. read the relevant information sheet.
3. determine the desired company name and check it in the Company Index.
Collect the founding documents (founding declaration, articles of association / partnership agreement, proof of capital, declaration of acceptance / company signature of the founders and auditors etc.).
5. register a trade (simple trade) or obtain a trade licence (qualified trade). Special licences must be obtained for certain activities.
6. If specialized business licencenecessary, register the company in the Commercial Register. If all the necessary documents are submitted in full, the licence can be issued within a week.
Where can I get support with questions about starting a business?⟶
General information on setting up and running a business, as well as useful fact sheets and contacts, can be found in the "service for entrepreneurs" section of liechtenstein-business.li/en. The Entrepreneur Service Central Business Service of the Office of Economic Affairs is available for personal advice on all aspects of business ventures.