Type of legal entiry⟶
From 16 possible legal forms choose the most suitable one for your company.
Gather the following incorporation documents:
The checklist for the choosen legal form provides an overview of the required documents.
- The company limited by shares (AG)
- Company with limited liability (GmbH)
- Sole proprietorship
- The Establishment
Requirement is the examination of the trade type:
a. Simple trade = digital business registration (German only), no business licence required. The following documents must be gathered:
- Rental agreement or proof of ownership of the business premises and floor plan
- Criminal record extract*
- Extract from the garnishment register*
- Extract from the commercial register (to be sent to the Office of Economic Affairs)
- ID or passport copy
- Confirmation of residence (for applicants with foreign citizenship)
- Proof of qualification or diplomas
- Employment contract of the managing director
c. Special trade = Special licence required.
(*Residents: to be applied for in person at the Office of Justice / Foreigners: equivalence to be applied for in the respective home country)